Interested in learning more about joining Gladwyne Montessori?
Founded in 1962, we are one of the country's oldest Montessori schools. Our unique facilities feature sunny, spacious classrooms, libraries and gymnasium. Located just six miles outside of Philadelphia, our teachers make extensive use of the area's rich cultural and environmental diversity.
Gladwyne Montessori is always accepting resumes for experienced, Montessori credentialed educators for our Infant-Toddler, Primary, and Elementary programs.
Attractive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, long term disability, 403B and tuition remission. Must show ability to work collaboratively for the benefit of each child and the school, as well as commitment to professional development and growth.
Makerspace and Enrichment Teacher
- Guides students through projects while maintaining the makerspace
- Communicates and plans with classroom teachers to align projects with current coursework
- Plans and leads unique opportunities for students including but not limited to clubs, projects, service opportunities, and fundraisers
- Keeps the makerspace clean, well-stocked, and organized; maintains equipment and tools
- Provides a safe and open environment for learning, building, and experimenting
- Designs projects that are age appropriate, open-ended, related to classroom work and will introduce students to new materials, tools, and techniques for making
- Helps with general school duties like dismissal and recreation
- Communicates professionally with co-workers and parents
- Co-teach the capstone project for the sixth grade class
- Help chaperone trips
- Must be able to:
- Lift up to 35 pounds
- Move and organize classroom tables and chairs, move about the building as needed
- Bend, squat, kneel with ease
- Sit comfortably on the floor with children and on low chairs
- Must have Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education or related discipline
- Must have knowledge of minimum standards, health and safety practices, social and emotional development and classroom management
- Must be reliable, flexible, positive, patient, warm and enthusiastic about working as part of a team of adults and engaging with parents and caregivers
- Must have a willingness and interest in attending Montessori Philosophy coursework
- Must pass all required clearances (PA Child Abuse, Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History, Federal Criminal History Background Check)
Must have a minimum of 2-years of experience working with children in Makers environment
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter, three (3) letters of reference, and an educational philosophy statement to:
- Our substitute teachers will always be working with at least one member of our teaching staff and should defer to these members of the teaching team for following procedures and protocols.
- Communicate with the teacher or assistant regarding incident, illness, concerns at the conclusion of the day
- Take attendance according to the procedures of the school
- Facilitate a thoughtful and peaceful classroom
- Adhere to all procedures, guidelines, and policies followed by teachers in line with recommended employee handbook
- Current clearances (PA Child Abuse, Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History, Federal Criminal History Background Check)
- Teaching certificate preferred
- Positive, successful teaching experience with pre-school through elementary students
- $12-16 per hour, depending on experience
- We will provide necessary (paid) training prior to formal service to the school.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to:
Gladwyne Montessori does not discriminate in admission, financial aid, administration of its educational policies and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, limited English proficiency, age, gender, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Updated May 17, 2019