Interested in learning more about joining Gladwyne Montessori?
Founded in 1962, we are one of the country's oldest Montessori schools. Our unique facilities feature sunny, spacious classrooms, libraries and gymnasium. Located just six miles outside of Philadelphia, our teachers make extensive use of the area's rich cultural and environmental diversity.
Gladwyne Montessori is always accepting resumes for experienced, Montessori credentialed educators for our Infant-Toddler, Primary, and Elementary programs.
Attractive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, long term disability, 403B and tuition remission. Must show ability to work collaboratively for the benefit of each child and the school, as well as commitment to professional development and growth.
- Our substitute teachers will always be working with at least one member of our teaching staff and should defer to these members of the teaching team for following procedures and protocols.
- Communicate with the teacher or assistant regarding incident, illness, concerns at the conclusion of the day
- Take attendance according to the procedures of the school
- Facilitate a thoughtful and peaceful classroom
- Adhere to all procedures, guidelines, and policies followed by teachers in line with recommended employee handbook
- Current clearances (PA Child Abuse, Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History, Federal Criminal History Background Check)
- Teaching certificate preferred
- Positive, successful teaching experience with pre-school through elementary students
- $12-16 per hour, depending on experience
- We will provide necessary (paid) training prior to formal service to the school.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to:
Gladwyne Montessori does not discriminate in admission, financial aid, administration of its educational policies and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, limited English proficiency, age, gender, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Updated February 21, 2019