Interested in learning more about joining Gladwyne Montessori?
Founded in 1962, we are one of the country's oldest Montessori schools. Our unique facilities feature sunny, spacious classrooms, libraries and gymnasium. Located just six miles outside of Philadelphia, our teachers make extensive use of the area's rich cultural and environmental diversity.
Gladwyne Montessori is always accepting resumes for experienced, Montessori credentialed educators for our Infant-Toddler, Primary, and Elementary programs.
Attractive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, long term disability, 403B and tuition remission. Must show ability to work collaboratively for the benefit of each child and the school, as well as commitment to professional development and growth.
- Our substitute teachers will always be working with at least one member of our teaching staff and should defer to these members of the teaching team for following procedures and protocols.
- Communicate with the teacher or assistant regarding incident, illness, concerns at the conclusion of the day
- Take attendance according to the procedures of the school
- Facilitate a thoughtful and peaceful classroom
- Adhere to all procedures, guidelines, and policies followed by teachers in line with recommended employee handbook
- Current clearances (PA Child Abuse, Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History, Federal Criminal History Background Check)
- Teaching certificate preferred
- Positive, successful teaching experience with pre-school through elementary students
- $12-16 per hour, depending on experience
- We will provide necessary (paid) training prior to formal service to the school.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to:
Information Technology Specialist
The Information Technology (IT) Specialist is devoted to all aspects of computer network, workstation, and auxiliary device support, including set-up, installation, troubleshooting, service, upgrades, and maintenance. The IT Specialist is not only a technical worker but often deals directly with the user, offering advice, training, solutions and guidance. The ideal candidate will be conscientious, attentive to detail, and possess both strong analytical and communication skills.
This role is part-time (24 hrs/wk).
- Coordinate with the business office and instructional leaders to develop and implement the school’s Information Technology (IT) strategies and plans
- Responsible for the operational state and functionality of all systems with the Gladwyne Montessori Network including device configuration and setup, troubleshooting, and repair
- Administrator of the G Suite management tools for cloud resources
- Assignment and deployment of IT resources to users and maintenance of a current inventory of IT assets, user assignments, and location
- Monitor and administrator of IT maintenance, installation, purchase and service agreements
- Perform application support for Gladwyne Montessori hosted and local systems to include vendor coordination for troubleshooting, update/upgrade scheduling and user training
- Network troubleshooting and resolution of basic network issues to include isolation of network trouble, management of the directory system, and basic server management
- Coordinate and manage IT projects
- Manage and administer IT databases
- Maintain documentation and records related to IT ensuring confidentiality of constituent records and communications
Perform other tasks as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
- An educational requirement of at least a high school diploma and technical certifications. A two or four year college degree is preferred.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of basic computer troubleshooting and repair.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of networking concepts.
- Required knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server functions and features.
- Ability to troubleshoot network and connectivity problems.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of network security concepts.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of structured cabling system design.
- Provide excellent customer service support.
- Must be well organized and have above average written and verbal communications skills.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Generally work in standard office conditions and climate.
- Moderate physical activity required such as lifting and moving computer equipment into place or crawling and kneeling in tight spaces.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended period of time.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to:
Gladwyne Montessori does not discriminate in admission, financial aid, administration of its educational policies and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, limited English proficiency, age, gender, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Updated December 3, 2018