Tuition Assistance Checklist
Gladwyne Montessori provides need-based tuition assistance to enable children of families who are committed to Montessori education to attend our school. The School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS) serves as a third party processor of applicant data. Applications for tuition assistance are available online at www.solutionsbysss.com/parents. Once an application is processed by SSS, reports are forwarded to Gladwyne Montessori for review by the Tuition Assistance Committee.
Applications for the 2021-22 academic year are due by January 15, 2021. A first review occurs by February 15, 2021. After the first review, applicants are considered on a rolling basis until all funds are expended. Receipt of tuition assistance is based on a number of factors including the total funds available for all students, the number of applicants, and their relative demonstrated need. Tuition assistance must be applied for every year. All tuition assistance information and communications are held in strict confidentiality.
- Send a signed enrollment contract accompanied by the $1,000 enrollment deposit to Gladwyne Montessori. If you would like your enrollment decision to be contingent upon acceptance of tuition assistance, please attach a note indicating your request. Your deposit check will not be deposited and will be returned to you should you decline acceptance of your award and decline enrollment in the school.
- Complete a Financial Aid Application (Parents’ Financial Statement-PFS) online (www.sssbynais.org).
- Upload copies of all 2020 W-2, 1099 forms and latest pay stubs to SSS.
- Upload your 2019 and 2020 signed federal tax return with all supporting schedules by January 15, 2021. Joint returns must include both parent signatures.
- If your 2020 taxes have not been filed, a tentative award may be made subject to the filing and uploading of your 2020 return. Your 2020 federal tax return must be uploaded no later than the IRS due date of April 15, 2021 to make your award official.
- Request an official IRS tax transcript and upload it to the SSS website upon receipt from the IRS. You may request an official IRS tax transcript at https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
- Upload a copy of all 2020 business tax returns that generate “pass through” income (example: partnerships generating K-1 income) to SSS.
- If you are a Philadelphia resident and have applied for the Children's Scholarship of Philadelphia Fund, please upload proof of your application.
A brief letter explaining your financial situation can also be uploaded to SSS. This is particularly helpful in cases where the standard application does not fully capture your financial situation. The SSS website refers to this letter as the “Narrative Explanation of Family Need”.
All parents/guardians that are financially and legally responsible for the child’s education must complete an application and include the documentation above. Separated, divorced, and blended families will need to complete two applications, reflecting total household income of each parent unless a court order is on file with Gladwyne Montessori indicating that one parent is no longer financially responsible for the child’s educational expenses.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact Anne Marie Kochersperger in the Business Office.