Interested in learning more about joining Gladwyne Montessori?
Founded in 1962, we are one of the country's oldest Montessori schools. Our unique facilities feature sunny, spacious classrooms, a computer lab, libraries and gymnasium. Located just six miles outside of Philadelphia, our teachers make extensive use of the area's rich cultural and environmental diversity.
Gladwyne Montessori seeks experienced educators, Montessori-certification preferred for its Infant-Toddler, Primary, and Elementary programs.
Attractive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, long term disability, 403B and tuition remission. Must show ability to work collaboratively for the benefit of each child and the school, as well as commitment to professional development and growth.
Director of Institutional Advancement
With Dr. Maria Montessori’s research-based philosophy and curriculum as our foundation, we provide toddlers to adolescents an authentic, individualized learning experience that cultivates an unparalleled depth of knowledge. The Director of Institutional Advancement has the unique opportunity to work with an exceptional team of professionals to elevate this well-established, highly loved and respected school to heights that ensure both its longevity and continued wide-spread impact. Gladwyne Montessori is the education of the future… Here. Now.
This is a 12-month, full time position that boasts comprehensive benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy within the school community.
- Advance the mission of the school and support the comprehensive strategic plan by identifying, attracting and securing non-tuition revenue in support of the school’s financial sustainability through capital campaigns, major gifts, planned and endowment giving, impact projects, grant writing, and foundation outreach
- Carry out all aspects of the major gift cycle:
- Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors
- Build and maintain relationships with donors on behalf of the school
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for donors, including engaging and working with volunteers and Board members
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping of stewardship and cultivation activities
- Plan and participate in soliciting gifts
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Act as a resource for the Head of School, Board of Trustees and Development Office staff by leveraging existing fundraising initiatives that have been developed while providing strategy to push these initiatives forward and seeing them to fruition
- Identify solicitation opportunities for the Head of School, Board of Trustees and Development Committee
- Promote opportunities for major donor/prospects to remain connected with the school community (faculty and students), coordinate cultivation events, and build alumni relations
- Attend Board of Trustee meetings and provide reporting as requested
- Oversee the Development Office on departmental goals developed collaboratively with the Head of School
Training and Experience:
- A Master's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum five to seven years proven successful experience in major gift fundraising preferably in education
- Proven successful Capital campaign experience
- Proven successful experience with foundation and grant solicitations
- Successful track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the six-figure range
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, creative thinking, an eagerness and ability to interact with parents, students, faculty and staff, administrators, trustees, alumni and other friends of the school
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and the school
- Proficient in a fundraising software system, preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to manage a team
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member, prioritize work and meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks and maintaining a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated record of completing assignments
- A willingness to work outside of “normal” business hours is essential as peak periods and special events necessitate some evening and weekend hours
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, 3 letters of reference and a Philosophy of Philanthropy Statement to:
Gladwyne Montessori seeks a passionate and dedicated part-time (Monday-Friday: 9AM-1PM) school nurse. This person must have the following:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders and treatment
- Considerable knowledge of child growth and development
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws and regulations affecting delivery of school health services
- Some knowledge of our school organization and the community we serve
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students
- Ability to develop positive working relationships
- Ability to serve as a key member of a school safety team
Training and Experience:
- Licensing as a registered nurse and experience in pediatrics is preferred
- Current Federal and State clearances
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: School nurse for at least 1 year
- Certified by the American Nurse's Association or the National Association of School Nurses
- Valid CPR certification
- Valid Drivers License
Position will be open beginning 4/6/17.
Gladwyne Montessori does not discriminate in admission, financial aid, administration of its educational policies and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, limited English proficiency, age, gender, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Updated April 3, 2017